Need Help, Have Spent Hours Doing Everything

CD

Alright, I have a netgear wgt624 v3 with a Motorola SB4100 and Charter Communication 3 mbps service. I have opened ports and turned of SPI firewall on the router, and added Utorrent.exe as an exception in Trend Micro Pc-cillin security stuff. I have tried everything, i usually get only 10 down and 10 up. I always start with a triangle then get an exclamation point. I made a static ip and so on, but I noticed with or without the manual ip config (automatic config the other way, pretty much same settings) nothing changed. The router plugged into the modem, and the computer is connected directly to the router on the #1 slot. I'm desperate, I've heard thing about the surfboard being bad, but don't know how to know if it's bad. Thanks for your time. Ask if you need more info.

~CD

When I do the speed guide it says my external ip address doesnt have a port open. Even though i went in my router and opened up a port using portforwards guide (I have Utor1, ports 43000, and the ending ip should be all good, I have it on TCP/UDP). Now my external ip address is really different from that I've been using to do all of this. Is it a problem with the modem? Please help, I've tried Azureus as well and same case, I didn't get a happy connection. Thanks for your help Ultima.

Thanks, I tried, and it says its blocked. My guess is it's the modem because it's a super old SB4100, and nothing works. I got a green light one time, but changed to a yellow sign. I don't really have download problems because I get about 100 kBps down and about 15 kBps up. (3meg connection, hehe.) But another question, I just got a new torrent, the tv series MST3K (check it out at (torrent at mininova.org-I am not telling you to go to this, just telling you I found info about it here), funniest tv series ever!). I AM NOT ENCOURAGING DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL, I AM JUST BRINGING YOUR ATTENTION UPON A VERY FUNNY, ENTERTAINING TV SHOW THAT WAS CANCELLED YEARS AGO! Anyway... I start out with a blazing 300kBps download rate for JUST THE MST3K torrent, then it drops down to a miniscule 48kBps, this mad me made. How can I fix or improve this? Thanks for all your help Ultima. (BTW The Ultima-GTR is a leet car).

SUCCESS!!! I finally have managed to open up a port. I hope it will last forever! Wow, what a relief, after 1 month of fiddling, then leaving torrent, then coming back and giving it a second go. Thanks for all your help Ultima, I think what changed it was that I set a static external ip, created a static ROUTE (diff then static ip), and, using a very high port: 60,000. Any tips to maximize my 3mbps down 300 kbps up speed? What speed guide setting should I use? xx/512k? Plus, any insider tips to maximize dl speed, (I did the xp patch for lvlord). Thanks for all your help Ultima, you deserve a cookie!

Archived