Cannot get speeds of over 15k down and like 9 up, cannot figure it out

Batmaster

A few days ago my torrent speeds just dropped to basically nothing(15-20 down, 5-10 up). I cant figure it out, i have reset/reflashed my modem and my router and it hasnt changed anything.

Im on sympatico highspeed capped at 2500/512, i get an effective speed of 2000/384. I have a speedstream 5200 modem(firmware upgraded ot router firmware from dslreports) and a netgear WGR614 V4 wireless router. When i test it says ports are open, i tried turning on upnp, changing the ports, nothing seems to make any difference.

When i download just straight http or ftp i get normal speeds to the bandwidth is there, but it just doesnt work with torrent.

Any ideas greatly appretiated.

Thanks

Has any new DLLs or EXEs appeared under ANY folder on your hard drive in the last week?

Does your computer make connections even immediately after booting up? (assuming µTorrent doesn't start at boot-up) You may be able to check router logs for this too.

Do you get a green light in µTorrent? (meaning µTorrent is not firewalled)

Ok, so i put on my spare modem and it works good, so its the speedstream causing the problem. Im not sure what to do about it, but i think maybe the modem is screwed, because i ran the speedstream speed tester thing and it said there was like 5000 CRC errors.

Any suggestions?

Archived