Utorrent freezing on win98SE please help!

roberto_baggio7

hey guys! i just downloaded the latest version of utorrent and i seem to have problems.

i'm running it on an old 500mhz celeron computer with ONLY windows 98SE and utorrent installed on it (no firewall or p2p software). The problem is that after a few hours of downloading, the computer freezes but i can still move the mouse arround (i can't click anything). i'm also using a wireless b linksys router but the computer running utorrent is plugged via network cable. the only settings i changed in utorrent is the upload speed is set to 20kb/s and the share ration to 50%. is there something else i should change?

please help!!

Start > Run > regedit

Carefully browse to the correct location in the Registry tree on the left (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP). Now, after you click on the MSTCP "directory," look at the right-hand pane, and look for the MaxConnections value. It should be at 100 right now -- increase it to perhaps... 200? Then confirm the changes, and restart your computer.

well, there is only win98SE, utorrent and VNC installed. thats it. no firewall, no p2p software and no anti-virus. i just formated the computer to only use utorrent on it. i guess my only choices is to either install xp (which a 500Mhz wont be ideal for xp) or use another torrent client. anyways, if you have anymore ideas, let me know and i'll try! i don't feel like installing xp and i love utorrent!lol

Archived