Please Help Me

rangermike

O.k. I have opened up ports a million times before. For bearshare, halo and etc. I used to have a Linksys, but like a week ago i switch to a Westbell router I still have the same internet and everything. Actually i had the westbell before like a year ago then switch to Linksys now back to Westbell. When i type in 192.168.1.1 i put my password and username but it doesn't work anymore.

So i put uTorrent on port 3646 becuase that is the port i used for bearshare and its open. But when i test it with uTOrrent its closed and when i test port 3646 with another program its open. Can it be becuase its only open for bearshare.

Is thier any port that i can put for uTorrent that is atomitcally open without doing anything,

If not is their a program out there where i can put the port i want to open and for which program and the program itself will go into the router setting and open it up for me.

Call up Verizon and ask them how to configure it then, or email them, or check their website.

You just need to tell them you need to forward a port to use a program, they need not know whether the program is an instant messenger, game, file-sharing, virtual private networking, or VoIP.

...after all, you may need to do the same for other programs in the future!

Archived