Issue with Torrent Creation (large files)

supster

I've found that I cannot create torrents out of very large files or directories.

I have made torrents fine out of 10-500mb files, but in a recent attempt to create a torrent out of an 8GB directory, uTorrent failed.

The torrent creation process seems to go without a hitch, except for the extraordinary speed: the whole creation of the torrent file takes about 3-5 seconds, where a 500mb file will usually take much longer than that – I know something is odd starting right here.

The torrent will create and save fine, but when starting the torrent I will receive an "invalid torrent" error message.

It seems that large files that I have already downloaded with BitTornado (>1gb) can't be resumed with this client. The check runs, and when finished it shows 0%. The files wont start downloading either.

Your issue has nothing to do with this topic, but try using "Finish Allocation" or something to that effect in BitTornado -- the default incremental file allocation in bittornado is not compatible with uTorrent. After the allocation is done, it should be resumable in uTorrent.

Archived