uTorrent = slimmed down Rufus Torrent???

Chewyfood

Oh my god, FlashGet looks like GetRight who looks like Godzilla! .

Oh my god, <insert any ftp client here> looks exactly like <insert any other ftp client other then the first one here>.

Come on.. Software with similar features and purposes are destined to look similar. Why does µTorrent look so much like other clients ? Similar icons ? Similar technical terms ? All written in english ?

I've seen alot of people already accuse µTorrent of being a "G3 hack", and that annoys me when i've seen how much work ludde and vrulix put in this client. Whats the point of bringing this question up anyway ? It's not going to help anyway you can think of it.

It just stuns me as to why people go into these arguments. Pointless.

Utorrent was not 'copied' from any other code. In fact, utorrent was started a very long time ago as Vurlix said. He kind of shelved the product for personal reasons and only recently restarted it.

I know, 100%, for a FACT, that he did not copy code from any other application to design utorrent.

Also, don't attempt to use this as a means to try and force utorrent to be opensource so you can "verify this for yourself".

You're just going to have to take our word for it.

Besides, not too many other developers could do half the work that vurlix put into this client, instead they opt for the easier pre-defined routes, which often leads to code similarities and bloat.

Utorrent was designed from the ground up to not have any of that bloat, the core of its system is designed from scratch. Most developers would not spend the time to do that.

Utorrent was not 'copied' from any other code. In fact, utorrent was started a very long time ago as Vurlix said. He kind of shelved the product for personal reasons and only recently restarted it.

I know, 100%, for a FACT, that he did not copy code from any other application to design utorrent.

Also, don't attempt to use this as a means to try and force utorrent to be opensource so you can "verify this for yourself".

Besides, not too many other developers could do half the work that vurlix put into this client, instead they opt for the easier pre-defined routes, which often leads to code similarities and bloat.

Utorrent was designed from the ground up to not have any of that bloat, the core of its system is designed from scratch. Most developers would not spend the time to do that.

Hi, It's actually I that wrote uTorrent, but the rest was right :)

Oh my god, FlashGet looks like GetRight who looks like Godzilla! .

Oh my god, <insert any ftp client here> looks exactly like <insert any other ftp client other then the first one here>.

Come on.. Software with similar features and purposes are destined to look similar. Why does µTorrent look so much like other clients ? Similar icons ? Similar technical terms ? All written in english ?

I've seen alot of people already accuse µTorrent of being a "G3 hack", and that annoys me when i've seen how much work ludde and vrulix put in this client. Whats the point of bringing this question up anyway ? It's not going to help anyway you can think of it.

It just stuns me as to why people go into these arguments. Pointless.

Thank you for your worthless comment.

I was ASKING if stuff was borrowed you dope...

I got an answer, thread complete.

In the case of FlashGet and GetRight and crap, its obvious that one tries to model their client after another...

Free Download Manager looks exactly like FlashGet.

Same with the case of FTP clients...

Everyone knows this.

I have the freedom to ask this question.

The answer to the question will benefit me. If it benefits any other user on this forum, then great. If it has no effect on you, I dont know what to tell you.

I wasnt accusing the team of producing a G3 HACK, or something of the sort.

I was merely asking if code was borrowed since the clients are so similar and G3/Turbo/Rufus are all open source.

Even if they did borrow code, I would have just said..."ahh ok...sounds good". I had no intentions of bringing the court down here to investigate the GPL.

People like you should get lost.

thanks for repeating information from other posts in this thread...

thanks for repeating information from other posts in this thread...

it's not quite annoying as rephrasing your question 10 times in the same thread.

>> I was ASKING if stuff was borrowed you dope...

if you are allowed to ask any question, im allowed to reply to it with my own opinion.

>> I have the freedom to ask this question.

again, i have the freedom to answer.

>> The answer to the question will benefit me. If it benefits any other user on this forum, then great. If it has no effect on you, I dont know what to tell you.

You did ask your question, and you DID get your answer.

>> I wasnt accusing the team of producing a G3 HACK, or something of the sort.

When did i say YOU were accusing uTorrent of anything ? merely describing my experience ever since uTorrent got released.

>> People like you should get lost.

Because i respond in a polite fashion to a question you wished answers for ? because i hold my own opinion that doesnt line up with yours ? I believe you are lost, my friend, and for that, im deeply sorry.

Have a nice day, truely.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, my opinion (although it's probably not wanted) of the program is that it is good. In fact I like the way it looks a bit like G3... because that was my favorite client... before which I loved Azereus. So, for me this is the perfect client, and if you got some ideas GUI wise from these clients good for you! That's what people used and will be used to...

I was ASKING if stuff was borrowed you dope...

I got an answer, thread complete.

I have the freedom to ask this question.

The answer to the question will benefit me. If it benefits any other user on this forum, then great. If it has no effect on you, I dont know what to tell you.

I wasnt accusing the team of producing a G3 HACK, or something of the sort.

I was merely asking if code was borrowed since the clients are so similar and G3/Turbo/Rufus are all open source.

Even if they did borrow code, I would have just said..."ahh ok...sounds good". I had no intentions of bringing the court down here to investigate the GPL.

There is a significant difference between asking a question because one is curious and asking a question with slight variations over and over with the obvious intent of eventually producing a specific answer one wants to hear.

Your question was answered on page one, as you might have noticed. Despite this, you continued to ask. Once you had asked some more, you went on to form your own errornous passive-aggressive conclusions despite the answers presented to you. I could keep doing this, but I'm sure everyone sees the pattern here. You should probably stop asking now. I doubt you will find the answer you seem to want to find so badly.

Archived