D-Link DSL-302G open port problem cant use portforward.com please help

clarebear

Hi

I am unable to use the portforward.com information on how to open a port as my ip address just goes direct to my isp homepage so I am unable to modify nat rules.

Could someone please help me open a port? I have xp with norton internet security. I beleive I have been able to remove the firewall for the port as I now hve the orange ! triangle instead of the red ! circle I first had.

Cheers

Ok, so I figured out how to open my port by goggleing my isp optusnet. But... I get the green tick in utorrent, but when i check it at portforward.com it says my port is not open. I have since noticed that the green tick changes back to the orange triangle ! without me doing anything. I have extremely slow download and uploading as well. I presume I have seeded the download - if that's what the next column is with the # icon only next to the NAME column.

I am extremely new to this and I have not got a clue what I am doing so if anyone is able to help me, please speak in laymens terms for me :) Cheers

what model is your modem? your port that will open for utorrent will be like this. #of port lets say 26112 so then your global port range will be 26112-26112. And your base host port will be 26112. if you need to know how to do this just reply to post. i just type launchmodem into my browser and it comes up.

Archived