weird peer connection and upload behavior

schmooot

I've already searched and found nothing so sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm running windows xp..through a router

I've set up a static ip and my ports are properly forwarded. There is a green check mark at the bottom. I ran the speed test and my upload speed came around an average of 480 kilobits/s. In the speed guide i have set the connection type to 384k

I downloaded a test torrent with well over 1000 seeds and it connected immediately and downloaded a 7MB file quite fast..then it started seeding. I've been keeping an eye on it over the last hour and there are 85 peers in the swarm. I have only been able to connect to one or two at a time and only for 10-30 seconds. During that time the upload rate will hover around 12k and then slowly drop all the way down to zero (while still connected to the few peers). A few minutes later it will start all over again. Sometimes it will go down to zero and then lose all the peers for 5-10 minutes at a time. Then it will connect to a couple and do the same thing over again.

All I want to know is if this is normal behavior? It seems very sporatic

I mean if there are 85 peers waiting for this file shouldn't I be always be at least connected to a few people and constantly uploading something?

I'm having this same problem, but I have no router and it seems to be only happening on one tracker, not all of them.

I was constantly uploading files until a few days ago, then everything dropped to none or barely any uploading. Downloading seems to still be OK.

On this tracker, currently I am seeding 11 torrents with between 1-7 leechers on each one, which shows as [0 of 7 connected (0 in swarm)] down to [0 of 1 connected (0 in swarm)].

The seeds on these torrents range from [0 of 24 connected (27 in swarm)] to [0 of 3 connected (4 in swarm)].

Anyone have any ideas on what I should check/change?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Just checked and it is happening on more than just one tracker.

Archived