capped at 70kbps?

subdee

i searched the forums but couldn't find a solution. it seems that my total dl speed is capped at 70kbps with utorrent. i used netlimiter before for dc++ but i took it off. my line is a 1.5M DSL. what is going on? i haven't set any dl limit speed. any ideas what it could be?

yes i know, my downloads are around 160-170 cause i'm from the central node. however, that's far from the 70!

pport forwarding has been correctly setup on my router and my sygate firewall allows access to the internet for the application. the more torrents i put on the more it divides 70kbps but not more than that. i guess i'll try a different port. i use the default 6881 torrent port. i'll try something in the range of 6881-6889

yes i know, my downloads are around 160-170 cause i'm from the central node. however, that's far from the 70!

pport forwarding has been correctly setup on my router and my sygate firewall allows access to the internet for the application. the more torrents i put on the more it divides 70kbps but not more than that. i guess i'll try a different port. i use the default 6881 torrent port. i'll try something in the range of 6881-6889

This is EXACTLY where your problem lies. A lot of ISP's cap common p2p port bandwidth, so what you're seeing is probably the result of your ISP limiting you. Changing to another port in the 6881-6889 range probably won't help you at all.

seeing that i never had trouble before with p2p-ing, especially with torrenting, that should't be an issue.

nevertheless, the problem was on their side and they've fixed it so i'm back to my usual 160's.

thanx all for your help.

EGGcellent. 8) One down, ten thousand to go... :P

Archived