Standby / Shutdown / Hibernate Timer

mlevit

Hi,

I've always wanted uTorrent to incorporate a shutdown timer into the program.

I have to use 3rd party programs which make the computer shutdown, but then uTorrent is not closed properly and ive received corrupted file errors from uTorrent before for this.

I would love to this this feature. It would only be one timer, you would set the time and what you want to do i.e. Shutdown, Standby or Hibernate and then it would.

I use it all the time to make sure i dont download during my peek downloading times.

Thanks

Wrong, the scheduler can always stop torrents if you set it to "Turn off" in the appropriate time slot, as long as the torrents aren't forced. Anyhow, if you currently automate a shutdown, then as long as you don't force all applications to exit immediately when the shutdown script runs, then µTorrent should shut down properly.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an internet connectiong with a daily quota of 1 GB and since my request for embedding logic in uTorrent to be able to set a daily quota was bluntly shut down, I wrote myself a little .Net program that does just that.

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you find any problems or if you have any requests

http://dandar3.blogspot.com/2007/06/network-monitor.html

• 3 years later...

Archived