Reconnect tracker

uuser

Many trackers are dead slow ( like tracker.prq.to ) for me every torrent client takes about 5- 10 minutes to get proper seed/peer info from hi traker as its so busy .. I cant set time in seconds after which torrent client will reconnect to tracker asking for status .. bitcomet does it automatically after som 70 seconds but i think utorrent take lot of time to do this (cant it be manually set )... plus i am desperately waiting for support for dht network in this gr8 little proggy . I hope this program will keep perfect balance in performance and stability in future versions .. thx for gr8 prog

yes u r half right there .what if tracker was working for few hours then it goes down but still transfer between seeds/peers is going on .. in that case dht is very helpful and many trackers are really overloaded so in that case too dht is helpful as it can provide seed/peer list before the tracker data is received ( if torrents are from tracker.prq.to then on my conn it sometimes takes 10-15 mintutes for torrent client to receive data from that tracker )

DHT can get a peer list with no tracker available, which is why DHT is useful. The only required information is the infohash, which the torrent contains.

In fact, to emphasize that it doesn't need a tracker to function, on Azureus you can host torrents that exist ONLY on the DHT network.

Archived