Tried everything to port forward.

kandymayn

I am connecting to the internet through a WRT300N version 1 Linksys router. I have followed numerous walk through and tutorials on port forwarding but just can't get it. I have my Router set with a static IP to my ISP and my comp set with it's own static IP. I have the IP settings right for sure as I still can get an internet connection and I followed the portforward.com walk through to a tee so there shouldn't be a problem with the port forward either. Utorrent is unblocked in my firewall along with the correct ports in both TCP and UDP. Upnp is turned of on both my router and on utorrent. The router has a firewall but I have tried to connect with it both on and off to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...

<quote>Any luck on this? i'm having a similar problem?<unquote>

Might be worth trying a connection via one of the free public VPN servers, in theory as I

understand it, it encrypts from your PC to the VPN server. My port forwarding turns green, and test port forwarding in uTorrent says I'm port forwarding.

There are upsides and downsides to VPN but for testing it's fine.

Hello fello down loaders- i have had a problem with ports (keeping them at least) as i have had to switch of the pc to fit a GIG Ethernet card to it and when i started the machine up and clicked on the torrent to start everything again, instead of the green circle i have a yellow triangle and have had for all afternoon. I have try at least 30 port(s) numbers, but and then going on to PORT Forward web site to check to see if it was open but NO LUCK, and it has been that way most of the afternoon.

Archived