really slow speed, no seeds? plz help

Baklavametal

i have a problem with downloading torrents. when a torrent starts downloading it connects only to peers, it wont connect to any of seeders, even if there's >1000 of them. and that works fine, untill about 98% done then download torrent speed lowers to 0.2-0.8 kb/s!! but the upload speed stays fine :\ i forwarded the port, and it's okay, i shut off firewalls, i tried everything described in faq, i updated that sys file (i use xp sp2) but nothing helps.

please? im desperate

thank you :)

It probably IS a fake torrent with a server intentionally denying the last block.

Check to see what % complete the other clients are at by clicking on the peers tab with the torrent in question selected.

If you see large numbers of clients all stalled at 98%, it's likely the torrent is fake and all the other downloaders are in the same boat. Don't count the 100% peers -- they might be lying to you. Instead check to see if the number of people with just part of the file (say 20%/30%/50%, etc.) is comparable to the number of people sitting at 98%. If the number at 98% is disproportionate, it's likely fake, and all the 100% clients are lying.

• 3 weeks later...

Baklavametal I have the same problem and it has occurred more than once on several different bit torrents. I too doubt that it is a fake torrent problem. My availability figures are good for each torrent file and I have forwarded the required port through my firewall. My downloads go fine and then get to a certain point and then it appears that I can only upload even though the file is incomplete. There may be thousands of seeeders but utorrent will not connect to a single one. Instead, it connects only to peers. If anyone else has this problem or has come up with a possible solution please let me know....

:-)

qualal

Archived