How to type µtorrent

Snapphane

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen a keyboard with Alt Gr on it O.o

Ctrl+Alt+M does different things depending on what application you're using (I'm using Opera, so Ctrl+Alt+M opens up a new email message composition thingy).

Alt+0181 works (if you have a numpad).

Sidenote: This seems more like a Chat topic than something general about µTorrent itself =T

Ah... it is some international thing... US keyboards (as Firon said) only have left and right Alt buttons =P

@silverfire: I don't know if that'd be good. If someone posted something in a URL or code BBcode, fully intending to write utorrent.com (for example), wouldn't that change mess things up? Aside from that worry, I think that the word censoring facility in phpBB might work in replacing 'utorrent' with 'µTorrent'.

English/US QWERTY keyboards don't have Alt Gr / Alt Chr on them. Many other languages (including FR-CA and FR-FR) do. You don't really need to have one of those keyboards to use the key combo, though, just the key layout / language installed (and selected) Windows. As is the case for me.

Sadly, m doesn't seem to work when my MBM hotkey is enabled (Ctrl+Alt+M)... then again, I don't really have a use for µ anyway ;P

Maybe we should set a filter that replaces all "u" to "µ" :D

But on the other hand, that would be rather disturbing.

Translating utorrent to µTorrent would be rather easy though. Just set some regexp and it would be fixed without having the links to utorrent.com broken.

Archived