The Obligatory forum desktops thread!

Sanchez

Regarding silverfire's "keeping it real" desktop:

Ha, that looks quite like my desktop most of the time. Music and video files scattered about (I tend to group them up in blocks on various sections of the desktop), about 6-8 .txt note files lumped at the bottom, and folders MY GOD the folders! It's quite like my typical desktop, really, with the notable exception of anime which almost never makes contact with my hard drive.

Every year or two a topic like this comes up on a forum I frequent and I take that opportunity to finally organize all my files before taking a snapshot. Some say that's cheating, but I consider it etiquette. Besides, my desktop hates it when I sneak in a snapshot when he's indecent.

I actually clean my desktop daily, believe it or not. Fansubbing generates a bunch of "intermediate" files such as scripts, audio, screenshots, etc. and that's what actually clutters my desktop.

This is what my desktop looks like at the end of the school day, when I get around to cleaning my desktop:

desktop1102054we.th.jpg

Oh, and I almost never have the same background for more than five days at a time. I've never really figured out how people like my brother can have the same background for months at a time.

I actually clean my desktop daily, believe it or not. Fansubbing generates a bunch of "intermediate" files such as scripts, audio, screenshots, etc. and that's what actually clutters my desktop.

Honestly, I can not understand how people follow Microsofts insane idea of having der data on teh desktop...

I have a special data partition on my harddrive, where I organise my file to my liking.

Since I have 3-5, at time 7 programs open at any given moment, most of them maximized, I hardly ever see my desktop.

So when the day comes that I minimize all my apps for what reason so ever, seeing my wallpaper sometimes is a revelation: "Oh, _that's_ what I've chosen back then..." :)

• 1 month later...

Archived