Complicated port-forwarding situation not working with ICS to router

jacobsee

ICS on Win 2000 into WRT54GL, trying to port-forward to uTorrent.

I have an old Windows 2000 (SP4) box with my internal pci DSL modem supplying my internet connection. This is running Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to the LAN which feeds into a Linksys WRT54GL router. I'm trying to set up uTorrent on my main Windows XP (SP2) pc with a port forwarded from outside but can't get it to work.

I'm pretty confident that I have the router set up correctly, following the instructions here

I'm less confident about my ICS forwarding setup. I've gone into the ICS setup, Services tab and added two services for uTorrent, one for UDP, one for TCP, with the correct port number. But I'm unsure of the IP address to use. I've tried every combination I can think of without it working yet. I've redialed the DSL connection each time, unsure as to whether the changes take effect without resetting the connection. One thing I haven't done yet is to reboot the Win2000 box because it takes forever to reboot.

Ip of Win2000 gateway is 192.168.0.1

Ip of my linksys is 192.168.1.1

static IP of my PC inside the linksys is 192.168.1.11

I've tried all these plus the computer name of the pc.

I've disabled the XP firewall on the pc and no firewall is running on the gateway computer.

uTorrent is working but very slowly. Apparently if I can get this port forwarding to work it will speed things up. Thanks!

Archived