Double click torrent option

eviljolly

First of all, great work on utorrent...it's the only torrent client I've ever found to replace azureus. Ok now with my suggestion..

Allow the user to choose what happens when they double click the torrent. Personally I'd like it to open the file, while others might like it to open the properties (like it does now), or pause and resume the torrent. It could be a dropdown box under General Options.

youre halfway right..hehe.. here goes:

When u doubleclick a file in the files tab THEN µTorrent should launch the file.. IMHO

But i dont know if the layout will be the same, i mean they are gonna change to the bitcomet style folder popup setup thingie.. so that might change i guess.. ?!

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I missed since I switched from Azureus.. ;)

I second this feature request - there should be a way to open a file directly from the torrent list, be it from a right click popup menu or by double clicking.

(if the torrent is a file it should open the file, if it is a batch torrent, it should open the directory in explorer, ofcourse)

• 5 months later...

Bumping this old topic. I just discovered utorrent, and the one big thing im mainly missing is the option to open my anime files directly from the torrent list. So as the others here, i would like to request an option that opens the only, or first file that is in a torrent. Wether it be as an option for doubleclick, or in the right-click menu doesn't really matter for me, but please just get it in somewhere.

It's oh so handy for watching new anime's, with ABC i keep all the anime i download in the list, and then delete it from the list when ive seen it, very handy for knowing what and whatnot you have seen.

Anyway i hope you'll put that option in utorrent :). It looks like a fantastic client

Yeah but then you have to go extra to the file tab. It would sure be a lot faster if you could open the file somehow straight from the torrent list. Anyway its a little function, perhaps a bit unneccisary but its so damn handy for watching anime.

Actually im still thinking of using utorrent, or staying with ABC. ABC has worked great for me, its just that it doesnt support unicode, and well can be a tad heavy on the comp sometimes.

So i would love to use utorrent, it looks ok, and has some awesome options and is only 190k. But well, it would really make my day if you just had an option to open anime's straight from the torrent file from the torrent list. Im hoping that one of the devs reads this, and adds this option to utorrent, i doubt it will take very long to include such a thing.

Yeah but then you have to go extra to the file tab. It would sure be a lot faster if you could open the file somehow straight from the torrent list. Anyway its a little function, perhaps a bit unneccisary but its so damn handy for watching anime.

faster? its just 2 seconds more u have to spend...

Yeah, considering it's an exception for torrent-shared files (since they're allowed to share folders as well as single files), I don't think there's a reason to make a rule for single files alone. Same method can be used for singles and folders this way. I've gotten used to it.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be handy, it's just not that important. And this way, we have multiple file access easier than with Azureus (where you needed to double click, choose the files tab, wait for the JVM to load the file info and then double click the file).

Archived