no internet atfer 15 min

avet22

Ive tryed every suggestion in these forums . I loose my internet connection after running u torrent for about 15 min. Its definetly my nic card that goes down as the only way i can get internet back is to reboot or disable and reenable my nic card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

xp pro

marvel gigabyte nic card

cable

dlink router 524

rogers hi speed

It may be a combination of all that which "breaks" the networking and makes it look like it's the network card's fault.

D-Link routers don't work well with µTorrent's UPnP and DHT. D-Link routers also shouldn't be in DMZ (gaming?) mode.

Rogers is known to throttle and possibly even corrupt BitTorrent traffic.

Even simple overloads in µTorrent due to poor settings and/or slow internet connection could potentially cause crashes of network hardware.

Did you use a static LAN ip for your computer?

Did you use maual port forwarding on the D-Link router?

Please list all the settings shown in µTorrent on the speed guide screen and any advanced settings you changed...one or more of them could be overloading and sabotaging your connection.

Have you tried patching TCPIP.sys and/or lowering net.max_halfopen to 4-6? How about disabling IP resolving? The fact that disabling/re-enabling the NIC doesn't tell too much, as I can imagine Windows dropping all connections when you do so, and it just starting off on a clean slate.

Thx for all the replys guys ..much appreciated.

Im using dhcp as my IP never changes ..only 2 pc s on my network

Im running manual port forwarding

My tcp/ip is patched to 50

net max halfopen is set to 4

Funny ive been using utorrent for a long time with nps. But i recently did my annual fdisk and xp reload. Ever since that utorrent wont cooperate

Hi everyone

got exactly the same problem as avet22, my connection runs for hours without problems. but as soon as i start utor / bittor the connection will shut down after 15-30 minutes.

i also forwarded port, put static ip for my computer, but this didn't bring no help for me until now. The biggest mistery is, that it worked properly until 2 days ago, when this problem occured for no reason

I'm in the same boat. And it's driving me mad. I keep having to reboot my router. Plus it kicks EVERYONE off the network at once so now my whole family REALLY annoyed with me.

I suspect that at least part of the problem is that I'm not using port forwarding at the moment - I got fed up trying because it made my speeds the same or slower than when the port wasn't forwarded & my IP was dynamic. However that can't be the whole issue (can it?), since I'm fairly sure that I've only been knocked off my network for the last couple days whereas I've been running uTorrent for nearly a week (I just switched from BitTornado).

If it helps you diagnose the problem, I should mention that I've been stuck at some pretty crappy speeds (MAX 30kB/s) for the last couple days too... I've also noticed that I don't get knocked off the network (or at least not as often) when I'm actively using the internet/connection for something other than just uTorrent (e.g. I'm looking at websites, posting on forums etc), whereas I'm most likely to be knocked off when I leave the computer running & downloading in my absence.

Oh ya, and my ISP (telus) apparently doesn't track or throttle torrent activity (although I've switched on my program's encryption, just in case).

Anyway, I'm going to work through the suggestions in the 'Speed' forum's stickies and will cross my fingers that they make my downloads faster (not slower or non-existant). But I'll definitely keep checking here in case you guys come up with a solution for this networking hassle.

ps: I've got a Microsoft MN-700 router.... so avet22's D-Link argument shouldn't apply (although my *modem* is D-Link...) ;)

If you're having connectivity issues, my first guess is always DHT is too much for your connection.

That or UPnP is really flakey on your hardware.

...and lastly, your settings are somehow too extreme for your connection.

(It only takes ONE bad setting, even if it doesn't seem important!)

Archived