port forwarding on 256k broadband connection

mihirX

Hello guys,

I'm totally newbie to these torrents, however, finding it interesting.

Ok, I have problem with forwarding my port. I'm using 256kbps broadband connection, the cable gets connected to my 10/100 LAN card. I have gone through many guides, but they were all about forwarding port on routers, but I dont use any router. Hence, how should I increase my d/l speeds coz they are as low as 5-10 kB/s.

When I press Ctrl+G, and press "Test if port is forwarded properly", I get this result:

---------------------------------

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 47221 on 210.xxx.xxx.xxx...

Error! Port 47221 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

---------------------------------

Hence, I conclude, my port is not forwaded properly. How should I forward my port ?? plz help !!

Also, "Network OK" doesnt appear on uTorrent status bar, there appears a circle with exclamatory mark ! plz help....

Now, when I run speedtest at dslreports.com with connection type set to xx/256k, I got DOWNLOAD= 67Kbps and UPLOAD=69Kbps

Here it is:

21906398.png

Hence, in short, I have following questions:

1. How should I forward my port ?

2. What should be the ideal d/l and u/l speed I should get for torrents?

3. At dslreports.com, why my upload speed is greater than download speed ?

4. How will I get "Network OK" msg on status bar ?

Thanks in advance,

Mihir N.

Archived