Not Showing Any Peers

taryak

I have been utorrent for over a year now and it's been working great. I go through a router, but I forward the right ports and punched holes in my firewall. Utorrent says I am connectable and on one tracker site I could look at the peer list and see there that I was connectable. However recently that all changed. Now some torrents do not work at all. They show 0 leechers and 0 seeders, when I know from the tracker that is not the case. Some for some strange reason some torrents do partially work. For those I d/l and u/l just fine however I cannot find my self on the peer list from the tracker site and my stats/ratios are never updated.

I have the latest version of utorrent everything was working and I never changed anything and here is where I am at. Somebody suggested turning off DHT and peer exchange which I did and no luck. My cable provider is RR in Austin and I could not find anything suggesting that they are doing anything, but what can I do from here?

So my main questions are:

1. Anything else I can check or do on my end?

2. Is there any test I can do to see if my cable service provider is f'ing things up?

3. (and much less important) How could some partially work, at least I can d/l, and others not at all?

Thanks,

Seriously missing my d/ls!!!

Ulitima, no updates.

Isd, Is there an advantage of this one versus the checker that comes with utorrent? Utorrent's checker says I am connectable and if I remove my firewall rule the utorrent checker says I am not. Could I still not be connectable if that was the case?

You mean the network status icon? It's green. I work in software support and if I were you I would start to doubt the credibility of my answers. I do not know how to add a screen shot to a forum post, but I can get you one if you want.

Thanks for the help.

If you indeed work in software support, then you'd know that you should be clearer with your answers, as it's not fun playing guessing games. Considering how none of us are paid, and aren't given answer books with canned responses to user queries, I'd say we're doing pretty damn well here at these forums.

Screenshots need to be uploaded to some external site, such as imageshack.us, and then posted here using the tags. And no, I wasn't talking about the network status icon. I was referring to the torrent status icons -- we were talking about tracker statuses after all, so there's nothing wrong with confirming an ambiguous answer with an equivalent question.

What firewall are you using? Modem? Router?

Damn Ultima, I try and make a joke [at my own expense] and get slammed for it. Perhaps you misunderstood. Normally I would not bite the hand that feeds me, but for some unknown reason utorrent just all the sudden started working again. So, while my answer was not correct it was deterministic. Which means, was not ambiguous. This distinction is not a fine line.

Archived