download speeds at about 20Kbps when they should be about 120????

fourkinellm8

hi there, this is my first post to this forum, so hi to everyone.

ok, i used to use bitcomet, but after many reccomendations i switched to utorrent. which addmitedly is better, but after using it for a while i noticed that my downloads had dropped from aroun 120 total to maybe 31 i think is the highest ive seen in ages, i tried bitcomet to see if it was just utprrent configured wrong, but that was the same, so i think there must be something wrong with my computer, possibly spyware, but ive run loads of spyware cheker programmes an found nothing. please could someone help me to get my fast speeds back as my connection is getting upgraded to a 2MB conecction and i would like to be able to take full advantage of this, many thanks Bob

how come you have upgraded to a 2MB line but your DL speed test is only ~950kbps?

you were using your line in anyway else while doing speedtest? Does the value stays in the same range differnt times with different tests, have you tried to measure your DL speeds by self calculating from the time some regular http/FTP Downloads took (updates for installed software packeges for example? If you pay for 2 MB you should expect to get 2 MB speeds (at least with regular downloads)

If not, ask your ISP if he does not cheat you!

and to make sure to get the good DL speeds with torrents make sure you set in the CTRL+G the xx/256k value and NOT the xx/2Mbit. If you did that, the legal test should max out your line if your settings are OK and your ISP does not throttle you.

and to make sure to get the good DL speeds with torrents make sure you set in the CTRL+G the xx/256k value and NOT the xx/2Mbit

I keep telling that the magic word 'upload' in speed guide should be bolded and upsized twice. Well, it was a joke at first, but now I'm not so sure about that.

hi there, i also noticed when i run a speed test, with utorrent runin im only getting

Last Result:

Download Speed: 42 kbps (5.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 16 kbps (2 KB/sec transfer rate)

but without utorent running i get

Last Result:

Download Speed: 971 kbps (121.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 236 kbps (29.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

so what the bleedin ell is goin on lol

cheers again

Archived