Need Some Direction

kiwi888

I read the small faq, but was still wondering a few things. I want to make sure I'm sharing as much as I take (seeding). Please explain the Ratio column to help me understand. Should the number be 1+ if I'm sharing properly? I've only been using utorrent for one week (very easy to figure out), and the things I downloaded the first day or two have a Ratio between 2 and 5.

Is there a Faq I've overlooked for the basics? What does the clock mean? I saw a quick description, but please elaborate. It just appeared today.

Thank you for any help you post.

The ratio is determined by the amount you uploaded divided by the amount you downloaded. How much you're "supposed" to share is entirely subjective, though sometimes private trackers will require you to keep certain ratios. In other cases, it's purely up to your conscience to decide how much you want to share, or in other cases, bandwidth limitations.

Snubbing is done automatically by the client when a peer promises to give some data but doesn't actually send it, or sends it far too slowly. When that happens, the client cancels all requests but one, stops uploading to that peer, and requests that piece to other peers as well.

Archived