how to port forward have no router cannot configure windows firewall

walkman

hello everyone

i have had utorrent for a long time now and recently something has happened and does not let me connect because a port has not been forwarded. i do not use a router and i have configured mafee firewall to allow all access. i cannot configure windows firewall as some error comes up. i have tried using ports above 50000 as mentioned in other threads and tried using port 1720 as also mentioned in other threads.

this problem has never happened to me before and i really need help. all downloads stay on 0.0 kb/s and therefore all my downloads have frozen. it is not a seeding problem as avalibility for all downloads is above 1.000. what do i do?

thanks

What modem are you using?

I assume the error you describe is found under the logger tab? if so it says this when you dont have windows firewall active, just uncheck the "Add utorrent to windows firewall exceptions" box in preferences>connection if it's disabled.

i am using NTL 2mb broadband (or i think 1mb)

the little icon at the bottom of utorrent stays yellow and sometimes red. i am not sure if windows firewall is active or not. it says "due to unidentified problem, windows cannot display windows firewall settings". when i do the check if it is forwarded it says "port ***** does not appear to be open"

this problem is really annoying me now and i am considering reformatting my computer hard drive

plz help me

thanks

Archived