Netgear with Belkin?

fofo999

Probably yes, however unless you're directly plugged into the wireless router your performance will suffer immensely. And performance even with a wired Belkin router isn't very good according to the FAQs I've read...they can't handle more than 100 connections, some not over 60! High half open connection rates as well as DHT might cause them problems too. And even when everything else is going ok, they may not be able to run without being reset more than 1-2 days straight.

Belkins actually aren't good. You can't really compare D-Link with Belkin, as they each suck in their own ways, but I think I'd rather take D-Link over Belkin if only given those two brands to choose from. But if could have it my way, I wouldn't want either brand, really.

Isn't the MA101 a USB 1.1 802.11b adapter with a flip-up antenna? I think I actually have one of those with a broken antenna... :D

Yeah, it should work fine, and your speeds shouldn't mind either. But I would also suggest a D-Link over Netgear, Belkin, or Linksys. My D-Link kicks ass. =)

I had nothing but headaches with my belkin wireless router (ended up having to reset it every 12 hours if I wanted to continue using the net, and I wasn't even using the wireless). My netgear router on the other hand is awesome, it's been on for months.

I haven't tried D-Link, but I've heard some good things, and a few (but not as many) good things about Linksys.

One thing worth remembering if you're using a wireless adapter in a pc (usb or pci) is that wireless signals don't travel through metal, i.e. computer cases, very well. In other words, if you have a usb wireless adapter either plug it in the front or use the usb extension cable it likely came with. For a pci wireless card, buy a stand antenna. You'll dramatically improve the signal.

DI-634M!!!!!

13 network devices (including 7 computers, 2 wireless bridges, 3 switches, and 1 print server) almost constantly in use and it hasn't crashed once. Its broadband booster "StreamEngine" system makes the Internet fast for everyone even while 3 of those computers are crunching torrents full blast. It's well worth the money. :D

PayPal works with bank accounts too (but I always use a credit card since I get rewards for it - hell, everyone should use credit cards primarily... lol). The descriptions tell if they're used or new. eBay doesn't sell things, it's like one big newspaper classifieds section. The sellers sell the things. Each one is different. I personally wouldn't recommend filtering out the used ones from the new ones - the used ones typically work just as well as the new ones... they're just being sold because the person wanted something different, for example, and couldn't return it.

Check the descriptions and you'll find everything you want to know. Some sellers take checks and money orders too. :)

Ok thks what about the d-link di 524 wireless router?

Had a good laugh last night, a friend of mine bought a trendnet tew-452brp sio I said hey for fun get me one it was only 20$ Canadian.

I unplugged the Netgear and setup the Trendnet, everything was working ok , then I had to reboot router at one point to save settings and the router went crazy, all lights started blinking and just kept on blinking tried 3 times to reset routerbut nothing.

The thing is good for the garbage , called techsupport and they told me to bring it back.

Unbelievable!

I never said it was a big deal. My point was that many people have asked about which router was best before, and other than the WRT54GL, I've yet to really see any other router that was actually recommended over and over (yes, in all my time as a member of this forum), so I doubt it's going to get much further than that. Your other thread and this thread alone are proof of that.

Archived