PunBB

Loatroll

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limits on sigs are nice. But there's just one small problem. Most image sigs are linked off from elsewhere. A crazy lunatic (hehe) could create something supersized and large that eats a lot of screen estate. Enabled or disabled, both got their pros and cons. If any, have a limit noted and stickied somewhere. That way any newcomers can see it... and hopefully get some ideas on what's not allowed here.

The only thing I'd REALLY like is the posts to be marked as read once I've read them rather than waiting until the end of the browser session. That's a real pain, especially when this place is going through a busy period, because I can't tell which posts I've already looked at.

Ideally it should also persist, so any threads I haven't read at the end of the browser session should stay marked as unread for next time. Most boards are capable of doing this now, although phpBB does it with a mod.

that show posts since last visit doesnt seem to work to well. numerous times ive visited the site abit later one and tons of topics havent been showing as new. o.O

Edit: its just done it again, on initial page load its showing which forums have new posts, but when i enter the forum to check which topics they arent highlighted at all. im having to try and work out which ones are new. seems punbb has a few rather large bugs in it.

that show posts since last visit doesnt seem to work to well. numerous times ive visited the site abit later one and tons of topics havent been showing as new. o.O

Edit: its just done it again, on initial page load its showing which forums have new posts, but when i enter the forum to check which topics they arent highlighted at all. im having to try and work out which ones are new. seems punbb has a few rather large bugs in it.

what browser are you using?

try clearing your cache.

im using opera 9 and ive not had a problem with any other forum. it is only this one and this is the only forum i post on that uses punbb. so its not a problem with the browser but with the forum itself.

umm.. the forum is fine.

and before blaming the software, you might want to 1) try another browser and 2) try another forum running punBB.

nobody else running Firefox or IE are having any problems, it appears..

When you finish reading what you want to read, do you log out right away? If not, I suspect that this is the reason. It seems like PunBB measures a thread's "newness" based on when you log out (or when your session times out) and the time you log in. So if you never log out of the forum, and your session times out, new threads are considered new threads from that point on (not from the last thread you read). Kinda annoying, IMO.

Archived