Error: The device is not ready.

acidrain

I am receiving this error, "Error: The device is not ready." I have an external hard drive that i am using. When confronted with this error I checked the site and forums and could only find one topic suggesting that the drive letter had been changed. Mine has not, but to be sure i went into the prefrences and browsed for the download location, and re-set it to the external hard drive, but i am still receiving this error.

Have you ever used any other external drive? Even if you haven't, this still sounds familiar... I recall someone experiencing the same thing as you (external drive plugged in and all)...

Edit: Yah, that'd be this thread... Are you sure all your downloads are pointed to the correct drive? Have you tried disconnecting the drive and reconnecting it?

• 1 month later...

Here's a trick. Make sure 1) set the location of your external drive in your preferences, under the download tab. Thing is in my case it still insisted on the old location even after doing this and starting the torrent again. So, simply right click and go to advanced and set download location. Set the location manually and force start again. Should work this time. You can do a bunch of torrents at the same time. Hope that helps.

Archived