when i run bittorrent my dsl disconnects

1337general

i have embarq dsl 512 kb/s

normally there are four colored lights on my modem - here they are in order - green: power, orange:ethernet, green: dsl, and a blinking light - green: internet

normally all these light are on, then when i start a bittorrent program, it'll run for about 5 seconds, then all the lights on my dsl turn out and i lose connection and i have to close utorrent, repair the connection and wait for it to come back, then start utorrent again. how can i fix this???

ok, ok, i got this thing down, i figured out how to and forwarded the ports at my friends house, then i came home got a static ip address, set the port range, yada yada at port forwarding.com now, im pretty sure i did everything, but when i clicked "test if port is forwarded properly" it opened up internet explorer (which wasnt even installed on my computer) then nothing happened, ok, so i installed ie7. then i clicked "test if port is forwarded properly". nothing happened. ie didnt even open up this time. my default browser is mozilla firefox, what should i do..

thanx alot, now, i guess i was wrong, my port is wrong..... i followed the instructions, got the static ip, set up the port range, etc. just like it told me to, but its not working.. i got it to work the first time i did it at my friends house.. and i didnt even get a static ip for his.........

Archived