Integrate WebUI with uTorrent STABLE (Build 474)

xport

@tequilavip

Indeed i was banned on oink for cheating.. 2 years ago. Learned a lesson. But i never cheated anywhere else.. Not even on bitmetv.. i was banned for being in "cheater ring".. 1 of my invitees were cheating.. That doesn't make me cheat does it? What I want is to help community on more ways.. But like always you look on negative side. All you see is µTorrent is "beta" and new developer is "untrused", but still you have many pros on the other side. Same for me cheating.. Even God isn't perfect ffs. I don't have even slightest wish to get back on bitmetv, you should try not to be so quibbling for the sake of community. And yes, I never said and don't have any idea where you got it, about me being µT staff. Try to clear your prejudice..

But it's funny why I got banned. You banned µT, said everyone can comment the topic and express their "feeling" but topic was closed in no time. Open new topic and you are the worst enemy of the tracker.. wow where did we end.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can almost see tvip salivating over the number of people he'll be able to ban in the upcoming migration away from utorrent.

Why do you continue to discuss this with a guy who has shown time and again he does not argue in good faith? There are good admins at bitmetv, he is not one of them.

And you're making real progress aren't you? So far he's only misrepresented the privacy policy (both here and there), and warned and banned members from the tracker for making polite recommendations not to ban utorrent (by the way, it is possible to just disable someone's posting privileges rather than ban them outright, and there's no clear reason why he wouldn't in a case like this, except, of course, it may not give him enough of a hard-on).

If you do want to speak with reasonable admins, check out their irc channel.

actually, the only person banned for bitching about the client ban was iElectric, and since he turned out to ahve had at least 2 other cheat accounts at our site, it was obviously a correct decision. Also, Eagle784 I am not responsible for banning anyone for using the wrong clients @ bitmetv, the admins & sysops do that. Salivating at the opportunity? no, just annoyed that when clients are banned, people still try to use them. I just posted here in an attempt to defend a decision made by staff as a whole when I saw people attacking them/us for our decision. The staff @bitmetv would rather spend our time making the site even better than it already is, but end up spending about 50% (or more) of our time dealing with cheaters, account sellers/traders, and members that seem to want to argue just for the sake of arguing. Honestly, utorrent users should actually be thanking bitmetv, since it appears our actions are encouraging utorrent staff to implement an official privacy policy. Hopefully, some of our concerns about utorrent build 483 will be addressed as well; Like I said, utorrent was/is an amazing client, and we would like to continue to support it's use, since utorrent was/is one of only two clients bitmetv ever officially endorsed.

-as to iElectric being a ut staffer or not, he identified himself as such in his first post @ bitmetv after joining last month. I'm sorry I took him at his word

@tequilavip you should really learn how to read properly. NO OFFENCE.

if you look at the first post you can see, you c/p the text yourself.

Greetings to BitMeTv admins, by µTorrent community helper iElectric

Now where does it say i'm staff? Please.

Secondly.. About my cheat accounts.. Again, you misread is somewhere? First time my ban was to be in cheater ring. Which doesn't make me cheat, does it? Only my invitees. Second time, I went on IRC to ask admins something about one of my invites (guess how it ended?) and I got banned because i mentioned i had previous account (which is by their rules a big mistake).

If I don't like something is when people twist words, ex. begining "some guy almost killed neighbour" in the end "George Smith killed whole neighbourhood"..

You can clearly see simply from tequilavip's continued insistence that iElectric claimed to be staff that tequilavip either has basic reading comprehension problems or refuses to argue in good faith. It is left as an exercise for the reader to determine which.

Not everything in the torrent world is about bitmetv, your attitude to the contrary. Is it beyond realm of possibility that people like using a client you have banned (and let's face it, you guys have banned more than all other trackers put together) on all their other trackers, set it as default, and occasionally accidentally open the client on a bitmetv torrent? Only people as egomaniacal as yourself would think that their attempts to connect is some show of disrespect or malice (and mind you, the client cannot actually connect, the mere act of trying can get your account auto disabled). And talk about the work involved to autodisable them, anyone would think you had to go through manually and do it yourself, instead of having a script do it.

And I've said before, you are likely currently plagued with lowlifes because of the number of good users you have banned or driven away for a range of arbitrary reasons. You'd think after pissing off major uploaders you'd be smart enough to change some of your ways, but apparently not. Hey, as you love to say, you have 20,000 good members who can follow the rules, and plenty more just waiting to get accounts. How's that logic working out for you?

The staff @bitmetv would rather spend our time making the site even better than it already is, but end up spending about 50% (or more) of our time dealing with cheaters, account sellers/traders, and members that seem to want to argue just for the sake of arguing.

I see.

"Honestly, utorrent users should actually be thanking bitmetv, since it appears our actions are encouraging utorrent staff to implement an official privacy policy."

Wow... I think your drawing conclusions a bit to rapidly. It appeared to me a Privacy Policy was already in developement and a unfinished version was posted for your viewing pleasure.

Newayz, due to lack of further convincing arguments I can only conclude that BitMeTV is just holding a grudge against Bittorrent Inc. and is therefor banning the beta client no matter the inconvenience to a small group of innocent bystanders. They couldn't ban the latest stable because it would inconvenience too large a part of their user base. I considered these people to be part of the stupid group before. But it would insult the 'stupid' group because at least they are making rash decisions based on false or biased information. You people are doing it on purpose.

I'm interested in knowing whether they unbanned µTorrent yet, with a STABLE build 488/489 having been released just yesterday.

No, all builds other than build 474 are still banned. If you hadn't noticed, though, they are a paranoid bunch about clients, and this wouldn't be the first time a new version of a client has come out and they've taken some time to update the ban lists. In the past, however, utorrent has not been subject to this treatment. No official announcement or acknowlegement of the new build has been made at all.

Yes 474 is still the only build unbanned at the moment but there should be a decision made soon regarding the new stable.

Jus a few notes about this (interesting) thread :P - i myself thought iElectric was staff here - i assumed (wrongly) that the term "utorrent community helper" was some sort of staff level here. So hope that clears that up a bit as im sure tvip assumed the same.

Are we a paranoid bunch? well as a whole (staff) we have to be. Maybe a tad over the top sometimes but we have a userbase to protect and the new affiliations of utorrent do make us a bit uneasy. Do we think it was wrong what ludde did? No, most of us agree that we would have done the same and that it is great that he can get something more out of utorrent - theres no doubt its the greatest torrent client out there atm ... and that by far. But of course its not necessarily in the best interests of bitmetv to continue supporting utorrent with its new owners. That should be understandable, no?

Anyway would also like to thank Firon for continuing to put up with us for now by being the go-between guy. Thanks dude

Come on Mareko, there's no reason to carry water for tvip here. At least you understood after it had been explained, it's been explained two or three times to him and there's still no sign it's penetrated.

Besides, then some might ask you why he made obviously disingenous statements like these:

"all that was needed was for utorrent to upgrade the latest beta 483 and officially call it the latest stable release."

"Once again, if the current owners of utorrent simply release a new "stable" version of utorrent, I'm pretty sure it would be allowed."

On topic, they've acknowleged 1.6.1, and it's banned until further notice.

I think you all need to untwist your underwear and take a few steps back, damn peeps! :\

Internet ego is found most in the torrent world it seems. We got groups propering left and right for stupid stuff, we got scene releases being nuked / unnuked / nuked again for stupider stuff, we got torrent clients being banned for even more stupid stuff!

If it works, don't fix it. :) If a tracker wants to be that anal over rules..it is their choice...it is their tracker after all. Users responsibility to conform to tracker rules, even if they are not popular rules. The tracker will change them if necessary, if not the user can leave and find another!

Can't we all just share?? :):):):P

Inac

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just say that you only wasted time for developers to compile and orginise to release this "official" build, which doesn't have anything new. BitMeTv i know it's hard to orginise the tracker, but don't ruin the community... But I am happy that story ended, second time :)

• 5 months later...

OFF

Tequilavip is probably the biggest a*hole on the planet. Sure as torrenting concerned. He is a nasty piece of crap, thrives on other people's misery and I guess he has never had a decent family. He never has learned to eat with knife and fork. People, like this scumbag ruin the joy of torrenting. This piece of crap stinks. This nasty morone just bans anybody without any reason on BitMeTv. Just do not believ ea word he says. If he says "Good morning", check if it was late at night.

Instead of pestering people and playing God he should have a real lifr. BitmeTv is good because of the content and the users. Not because of the cretins, like him. I wish him everything bad - simply put he is not a human being. He is a rat. And rats must eat rubbish.

Archived