client name reported to tracker

eva.02

this could be a big way of spreading µtorrent, if people start to see a large list of people using it, they are more inclined to look into it themselves.

inside the program you can see the name reported correctly

name3.jpg

however when looking at the peers list on the tracker, their code can't seem to handle the µ character

partially reported here

name1.jpg

nothing at all on another site (yes i updated to tracker)

name2.jpg

possibly resort to using a plain u for this string?

the actual string used to identify µTorrent is "-UTxxxx-yyyyy[...]" where xxxx is the version. This is the same style that azureus and most clients use. Just give other developers some time to make the modifications to their software so that they recognize µTorrent.. That's the only thing that can be done, really. Same with all BitTorrent clients.

• 2 weeks later...
the actual string used to identify µTorrent is "-UTxxxx-yyyyy[...]" where xxxx is the version.

I've been told otherwise.

I checked it again and enabled agent_log in my apache. This is what i get:

Azureus 2.3.0.4;Windows XP;Java 1.4.2_05
BitTorrent/ABC-2.6.9
uTorrent
Azureus 2.3.0.4;Windows XP;Java 1.4.2_03
Azureus 2.3.0.4;Windows XP;Java 1.5.0_04
BitTorrent/T-0.3.7

you can see that every client sends data except uTorrent ;)

The tracker correctly identifies µTorrent, but doesn't display the version. Problem with tracker or with µTorrent?

What you see in the web server logs are User Agents, not peer id. µTorrent's user agent is indeed just "uTorrent", while the peer id is in the -UTxxxx- Azureus-style format.

In that case will future versions of µTorrent have the version in the user agent like those other clients?

Archived