actual selective downloading?

psych

ie from a multifile torrent, when you select certain files to download?

is it possible to do this *WITHOUT* having to allocte the space for the unneedeed files?

whenever i try, it seems to allocate it anyway.

i do have pre-allocate space turned on, but this shouldn't be happening.

i don't understand. so, if i don't want to download something, i have to download it anyway, and just not have any data written to the actual file? what happens when the torrent "completes" do these blank files get deleted?

the implemenation of this feature just seems like such a waste of space, and appears misleading as well.

suffice to say, it looks like i won't be deleting bitcomet any time soon, although utorrent is a very very nice lightweight alternative. if only there was a combination of the two.

welcome to the club. this was addressed many times, but someone always gives some excuses about how that's the way it should be, because uTorrent allocates only the files that share chunks, which is NOT true.

anyway, this thread'll get locked and moved. good luck.

Funny, I haven't seen any locked or moved threads on this topic. A search turns up several old threads (including one both you and I posted in), but they died out naturally without mod intervention. As the saying goes, stop spreading FUD.

i don't understand. so, if i don't want to download something, i have to download it anyway, and just not have any data written to the actual file? what happens when the torrent "completes" do these blank files get deleted?

the implemenation of this feature just seems like such a waste of space, and appears misleading as well.

You only download data for the files you choose (except for the end pieces). The files you don't want get blanks of the appropriate filesize created for them, but you never download their data. AFAIK after you're done you have to delete them manually.

We'll see what 1.1.8 changes...

welcome to the club. this was addressed many times' date=' but someone always gives some excuses about how that's the way it should be, because uTorrent allocates only the files that share chunks, which is NOT true.

anyway, this thread'll get locked and moved. good luck.[/quote']

Funny, I haven't seen any locked or moved threads on this topic. A search turns up several old threads (including one both you and I posted in), but they died out naturally without mod intervention. As the saying goes, stop spreading FUD.

not FUD, my friend. i made a thread about this matter before this one, and it got locked. fair enough, my bad for not searching, so i figured this one would recieve the same treatment.

no need to get your panties all up in a bunch.

You only download data for the files you choose (except for the end pieces). The files you don't want get blanks of the appropriate filesize created for them, but you never download their data. AFAIK after you're done you have to delete them manually.

We'll see what 1.1.8 changes...

you don't see the problem in that? i realize you don't have to actually download the files, otherwise the feature wouldn't be there, but the program actually fills your HD with these "blank" files taking up actual space. this means if you're short on it, you're in a pickle cuz the torrent will refuse to start in the first place.

they just need to fix this in the next version, there aren't any other changes they can do, because it's a bug.

Archived