Firewall + tracker problem

WARnold

Hey everyone,

My problem is the following:

There's a firewall on my network that only allows downloading from midnight til 6 AM. Now, if I leave utorrent running, the peer connections remain open, and I can continue seeding past 6AM, but the problem is, that the client loses contact with the tracker, so the data I seeded doesn't show up in my ratio. Is there a way to have the client send info about the amount seeded in the daytime while the firewall was up, after the connection is up again (read: the firewall down).

Thanks for your help. :)

Dunno, but "good" clients announce to the tracker every however-often the tracker says to (the announce interval), and it is in this announce that the tracker gets updated regarding your statistics. I very-much doubt there is some client that allows you to schedule announce times.

A little off-topic -- is there any way to get µTorrent to announce to trackers a little slower?

Because if a tracker is losing time, it may think that only 25-29 minutes has passed between µTorrent's 30-minute announce interval (as specified by the typical tracker).

Archived