Port Forwarding was working, now all of a sudden it doesnt!!

ferminquant

I followed the guide and everything went fine for about 3 or 4 days, and today I found that port forwarding doesn't work anymore. I have a linksys WRT54G v2 and already upgraded the firmware like it says in the site. But still the portforwarding doesn't work. I disabled my firewall and even used TCPOptimizer and its patch again. I checked that everything was correctly done in the router configuration and the router says the port is open, but utorrent still says the port is blocked. I enabled the protocol encryption and speed went a little up but the red exclamation point doesn't disappear from the bottom.

I don't know why it stopped working since it had worked before, it just stopped working for no reason. I'm positive I don't have a double NAT problem since i checked that my modem doesn't even have that feature. Please help me, I don't know what to do, I don't even know why it stopped working.

um... Yes I did, I checked that everything was correct in the router including the IP of my computer. If I read enough in the forums to know about double NAT, which I don't have by the way, then I already read the part of static IP. So that's not the problem. Thanks for the help anyway

You see my router says its open in my PC's IP. But utorrent doesn't recognize it anymore.

Do you think my ISP found out and out of evil decided to put my service on another NAT? I wouldn't think so because I have a public IP from them. I don't know if that stops them from doing so but... well it worked for quite a few days until today in the morning, and they don't work at night.

thanks for the help, after reading some I thought that might have been it but it turned out my IP starts 10.52.7.__ and not 192.168.100.xxx.

So that is not the problem either. But like I've said lots of times before it worked for a few days, and it stopped suddenly.

By the way, when I've talked to my ISP, they assigned private IP to every client unless you pay for a public one. Do you think if I get a public IP the problem would be solved?

And also, could you recommend me a modem that doesn't have that feature available?

thanks

Well, I didn't really got them to do anything. My sister knows a guy that works there, and he is one of the guys in charge, so if it weren't for her I wouldn't have done it. To other people they won't change their minds so easily, I say this because my friend asked me to configure his computer for utorrent, and he's having the same problem as me.

When he calls my ISP they say that he has to pay for a public IP.

Is that even legal?

Archived