Slow DL speed and Modem/Router crash

utor

Hello

I have a DLink DCM-202 Cable modem that is connected to DLink VOIP Accelerator DI-102. This is in turn connected to DLink WBR-1310 wireless router. I have subcribed to SunRocket (VOIP) that is plugged into the wireless router along with this PC and everything works great. I saw that the voice quality of VOIP improved considerably after I put in the VOIP Accelerator especially when I am over VPN.

I am new to P2P and started using utorrent only recently. I set up the preferences (Speed Guide) according to the speed I got from the speed test websites.

However, I see that after about an hour or so, I can no longer access internet websites but VOIP is just pretty darn good.

Can somebody tell me if there is any way to fix this?

Thanks

Utor

hi yeh i get the same problems. i am on an australian isp (iinet) and have a 1.5mb connection, which allows me speeds of up to 150kb/s down (rarely get that through bittorrent though). whenever i start up utorrent (azureus does the same thing) i can usually download great for a certain period of time, after which suddenly my internet connection drops out (the adsl light on the router is off, and takes 2-5min to reconnect), or the router says it's connected but am not getting any action.

if i don't run utorrent at all we have a great connection, sites load fast etc. but whenever utorrent comes on, and i try to view a website at the same time, it will die on me.

i have a d-link DSL-504T (4 port router), no voip, just the router. have a second pc running off another port of the modem, but its rarely on.

if someone could help that would be fantastic.

Archived