Resume Downloading after ISP Disconnects is too slow

frstbnd

When my ISP disconnects and then reconnects (automatic reconnection by the modem). uTorrent is slow on re-establishing dl/ul instead it starts other torrents in queue which the connection to peers is fast. I tried modifying the Advanced option so peer won't get disconnected when my ISP disconnects but still the downloads never start (but the torrent is connected to peers)

Example: (step by step)

1. Active Internet Connection

2. Start uTorrent

3. Torrent 1-4 (dl/ul usually starts about 3 to 5 seconds)

4. When ISP Disconnects

5. Torrent 1-4 (stops downloading)

6. When ISP Reconnects

7. Torrent 1-4 (doesn't start dl/ul)

8. Torrent 5-8 (starts connecting to peers and starts dl/ul but torrent 1-4 is still in "downloading" status but no dl/ul is reflected [i tried disabling up "peer.disconnect_inactive", the connection to peers is there but still no dl/ul])

9. After 3 to 4 minutes

10. Torrent 1-4 (begins to connect to peers and starts to dl/ul)

11. Torrent 5-8 (becomes "Queue")

The problem is at 'step 9' I would like to reduce that time or to 1 second if possible. Is there a way to do that?

note: When my ISP disconnects I usually close uTorrent then wait 3 to 5 seconds and start uTorrent again and Torrent 1-4 instantly connecting to peers and starts dl/ul. Also when I close uTorrent and open it without waiting 3 to 5 seconds, a warning window will popup saying "uTorrent is already running" but it's already closed...

After reset do you get the same ip again?

Also, is µTorrent firewalled? (what color is the light at the bottom of its window?)

The advanced settings for "queue.dont_count_slow_dl" and "queue.dont_count_slow_ul" disabled might at least prevent opening and then queueing the extra torrents when reconnecting.

Archived