Connection closed by peer???

raymm

DLg torrent with 10,000+ leechers, 789 seeders. Suddenly, I get "Connection closed by peer." Reported peers/seeders down to 6/8.

What is that? Some peer had power to close my connection? I stop/restart, same message. I reload torrent,, same message.

I'm in Toronto, Ontario Canada, not in Malasia.

Only one torrent affected this way.

TIA, please, someone, lend me a clue.

Spoke to Rogers, yes they throttle P2P packets, have been doing for a year. But I've been able to get satisfactory speeds during the last year, & I've never gotten "connection closed by peer" before. I've only got it on 4 torrents, others are "working" "updating".

Any other ideas about what to do when I get "connection closed by peer" ?

K, so i checked the rogers site (btw fucken sucks) and my internet usage page.

First it says my cap is at 102 gig, fine, but then it says iv only used 18 gigs so far....

so i checked the day by day usage, and lol its only for the last week preaty much, everything before january 26 dosnt exist, so since january 26 iv racked up 18 gigs, but its like my account never existed before then, normaly it will show you previous month usage, but nope not anymore. wtf!?

is it possible i went over my cap before then and so until the next billing cycle im gonna get throttled?

I'm on Rogers in Whitby (just outside Toronto) and my torrents upload speed has been garbage for a couple days now too. 5KB ish, [used to get 40 consistently] with frequent drops, I'm pretty sure it's only cuz I have 100's of torrent seeding that I can maintain that average] Though I can still max out my downloads at 500+ KB. Weird?

Hey, I noticed CyberStryke usually gets speed of 80 kb/s. WOW! I can't see that happening to me even in my dreams. I am from Karachi, Pakistan, and when the speed goes 15 kb/s here my heart beats fast due to the excitement that is felt after getting so fast speed here (15 kb/s). Lolz.

But..CyberStryke's speed brought me to the real world.

Oh man, I want to live in Canada for the rest of my life. I already have my uncle living in Toronto. I am going to apply for the permanent immigration visa right now.

Same here same here...

It's been a great year since U-Torrent entered my clients and my life...

We've seen maximum speeds and DivX films downloaded in the twenty to forty minute mark..

The Internet was our oyster, but since last week, I've been getting nothing but questions

about CrapVista, and WTF is going on with Rogers zero Uploads and crappy down speeds...

With the Usual "does U-Torrent have an update yet ?"

I hope we're not beaten this time....

But if we are in southern Ontario, (Ottawa, Manotick, Nepean and...)

It's been a good run, I really want to thank all the good peeps that worked on this excellent P2P app !!

Cheers !

As of Jan 31st, Rogers has unleashed a new throttling system that easily throttles encrypted transfers and unfortunately it is here to stay.

Time to switch to bell Optimax 10mbps/16mbps internet if it's in your area, that is if you can stand the 50GB & 75GB bandwidth caps.

Archived