Can't find Utorrent's blocklist ... where is it?

Wes

I know Utorrent has a blocklist that can be downloaded, I've used it before, but I can't find it for some reason. Looked all through the FAQ's and didn't see it anywhere. Can someone link me to it please? I need to update.

I am absolutely sure that I downloaded a blocklist from Utorrent's site ... maybe I'm going crazy.

That article is pretty informative, but also, who's to say that what the author states is totally true? It does make sense, I must say though. So, what do you folks suggest to use, if not blocklists?

to use for what? for copyrightinfringements while you are afraid of being caught?

you are kidding if you really ask that!

and if you are not asking THAT intention with your question i'm afraid you haven't understand what the article wanted to explain; that you can't hide from copyrightenforcers by using a blocklist and that a blocklist can in fact be used to identify those that might be worth to be targeted.

If you aren't afraid of being "caught" by the MAFIAA a selfmade blocklist for these known poisoning ranges might be usefull. But more use does a blocklist not have.

Guest - you know, trying to sound like a condescending smart-ass doesn't make you sound any smarter, so give it up.

I know what the article was saying, YOU misunderstood my question. I asked if Blocklists AREN'T the way to go, then what is suggested as a better way of protecting yourself? Who am I trying to be protected from? Does it really matter? I just want my privacy to be protected, period. Whether that be from copywright enforcers (not overly concerned, personally), or just other people.

Wes, yes, I did understand you. Thats why i asked if you haven't understand the article.

As Ultima said also. BT is publicly, you can't "protect your privacy" with it, since it has publicly viewable IP adresses.

If you want to "protect your privacy", do not connect to a network of other computers while using BT.

if you want privacy while connecting to others use something like ANTS or WASTE for example.

Archived