Overnight run

dardruba

Got an email at bedtime to say torrent available so I did my first overnight unattended download.

When I got up to answer the call of nature and checked out the PC, I was down and up loading. BUT when I looked at the Seed tab there were 4 addresses at 100%, 2 more over 80% with lots of movement and a block of 12, including mine, with no movement shown.

Is this normal or does this mean I'm not sharing with these guys?

Have I missed something in configuration and perhaps they cant see me?

uTorrent is a grown-up program... it can be left home alone at night and won't burn the place down. :D

Seriously though... don't sweat it. Whatever it's doing, it's doing right. You don't need to worry about it - keep in mind that the other people you are seeing are also seeing a number of other people as well, and unless they're staring at their peers page shouting "WHY IS THIS GUY NOT SENDING ME!!1?!!/1", there's no chance they even know who you are. :P

Oh, but just make sure your port's forwarded right. That'll be the green icon at the bottom of the window.

OK so I'm old and I'm forgetful and this is my apology.

I'd been using BitComet and thought I could do better, so uTorrent was installed ready for the next opportunity.

I see I used BitComet for this torrent instead of UTorrent as planned BUT I posted my question on the uTorrent forum in error !!

Sorry Guys.

Archived