Uplod issues (long)

Afrodziac

Comcast 6mbps/384

I dont see how everyone says this is a good client, I have followed the configuration steps on this forum. and other forums I found with Google and no matter how it is setup the client choose to bias towards downloads and really limits upload speeds. the only way to get decent uploads is if I make it unlimited, which then bogs my connection down that I even get signed out AIM and msn,( yes it doesnt even leave enough bandwidth for those programs).

I have created torrents to upload and a 700meg file took 4 days to upload. So following all the steps out there to a T with no luck, it must be my ISP I thought. but as a last ditch effort I switched to bitcomet and configured it for 128kbps global upload, thats all I did, and it made a HUGE differennce download and upload speeds are most times identical i.e 40kb down 40kb up. I can download a 1 gig file, and by the next morning I have seeded over 2 gigs!! and my internet connection is very usable while using bitcomet.

its perfect. except for the fact that it doesnt report back to the tracker. (demonoid) I read the FAQ's and I see that the Demonoid has an issue with bitcomet because it doesnt generate stop code's and there is nothing I can do about it.I have uploaded over 5gigs but it has not been reflected. so I am forced to go back to utorrent. just so my ratio can be changed even though for every gig I download it will only upload 100megs. IS there anything else that I could possibly do to Utorrent? I currently have it autoconfigured based on my internet connection. and it just wont upload pass 5kbps. and I only have one download going right now.

Well, FWIW, Comcast has been suspected of throttling for some people (IIRC). BitComet has a "stronger" form of Protocol Encryption that they didn't bother sharing with other clients, so if that's how BitComet's getting past the throttling, it's not something µTorrent can get by in its current state.

As for an actual solution... well, since you've said you tried all the guides, I'll assume you've already checked the first link in my signature, in which case there isn't much else I can offer you in terms of suggestions.

Edit:

known to throtle --> "suspected of throttling for some people"

IINM, they've actually had a newer encryption scheme for quite a while now, and that's why they can get around some throttling where µTorrent or Azureus can't ;\ Others have reported so anyhow, but TBH, I never bothered checking that claim (and really, I see no mention of it in the BitComet changelog), so I guess what I said should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit: Well... http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=dhev2+bitcomet

Archived