internet fails when utorrent is running

cwx

recently, i used 1c3d0g's "Mini-guide to help all of you with your speed problems..." to trottle my dl speed for u torrent and it worked v well and i had an obvious improvement in dl speeds however after using his settings for about 3 days, all of a sudden my internet starts to fail when utorrent is running... this problem suddenly appeared when i did no changes to my settings... and i am not using any router or firewall. anyone knows what might have happened? i also tried to change my setrtings according to the settings here http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 but the same problem still occurs. my internet has a 10megabit connection

Could be the half open connection limit in XP causing a problem, saying this at a long shot, but do you have many event 4226? (if i remember correctly its 4226) in the event log/viewer.

Doubt thats the problem, but it might help. or could be your ISP is using a filter...... or could just general ISP issues....

hmm... thx alot fr the suggestion... i lowered my half port even more and the connection came back^^... my current half port is 2... which is waay lower than normal or suggested by others... however i really wonder y this problem didnt surface the moment i changed to 40 but it came to mi only 2 days after i changed the half port...

>.>

10mbit doesn't mean much to us unless you make it clear whether you're talking about your upload speed, or your download speed (or both). What is your TCPIP.sys limit set to? Assuming you really do have 10mbit upload, then with your connection, increasing the TCPIP.sys limit to 20 or so wouldn't hurt.

Archived