Is there a way to prioritize seeding connections?

CBTSamurai

Greetings all.

This may well be a dumb question, but I've got two torrents stuck at over 99% complete and not moving. There are literally thousands of both peers and seeders (about 45/55 ratio or so), but utorrent keeps connecting to peers who are missing the complete file. It's weird that all of them are missing the same parts of the complete file, but they are. I've been connected to 100 peers, and the share ratio of the file has been locked at 0.999 the whole time.

Is there a way to get utorrent to cycle peers out in favor of seeders? If I could connect to one of them for all of 30 seconds, I'd have the damn file, but it's no go. I've tried stopping and starting the torrent a few times, but it keeps pickup peers, not seeders. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your help. The torrents were real (two different torrents of the most recent episode of House, specifically), and one finally woke up and worked for me. Annoying that it took so long, but done and functional.

Why not prioritize seeders? Wouldn't it make sense to try and get complete files? Frankly, if I just new that the program was at least *trying* to get ahold of seeders I wouldn't care so much. Does it cycle them on its own?

Archived