BitComet Peers

DrLarryE

There's been a LOT of controversy regarding BitComet's "inability" to share with other users. That you (a user who seemingly doesn't know about the controversy, and yet, still) happened upon that very problem only enforces the fact that BitComet isn't really friendly (so much for people saying otherwise).

In short, yes, BitComet is, in many cases, known to "game" the protocol and leech without sharing back (or at the most, it shares back a tiny bit). A large part of the problem probably has to do with it allowing users to use ridiculous settings (heck, it probably comes with ridiculous settings by default) that make it behave "leecher-ishly."

But the most positive thing you could do (and I agree completely with what Ultima said) is to go around telling BitComet users to switch to µT. They both run on the same OS so there's no "but I can't use uT because I'm on a mac" bullshit like there is with Azureus. Those who don't know can be informed by you. The more people know, and the more people quit using BitVomet, the better the whole torrent world will be. :D

I know this question is leading in a bad direction, but do BitComet users share with each other better than they do with uTorrent users? If so, is there a way to install BitComet, put my (80-90%) loaded file into it's folder to get the rest? Is it possible?.....Is it ethical?

I was more thinking that I could then seed it as I would mainly use uTorrent. (Besides, if I could get it from you, a uTorrent user, I would not need to try BitComet.) Unfortunatly this is mostly an academic discussion as I think I'm dealing with an incomplete or fake torrent.

Archived