Uploading a torrent and seeding it

Titan

I'm having a problem seeding my own torrent. I believe it's my ISP that is throttling it, blocking it, whatever. This is what I get when someone attempts to connect to me:

Handshake completed

Got Unchoke

Got KeepAlive

Send Have 291

Sending 9 bytes of aggregated data

Got Interested

Send Unchoke

Sending 5 bytes of aggregated data

Got Request:

Got Request

Sending Piece

Got request

Sending Piece

Sending Piece

Got Request

Sending Piece

Got Request

Sending Piece

Got Request

etc for 12 more lines

Got Not Interested

Send Choke

Got Have 391

-------------

After that, my upload speed diminishes, and the user is disconnected. I would like to know what's going on with that. What causes it, etc. I have no problem seeding a torrent that I haven't uploaded, but have to enable the peer.lazy_bitfield to do so.

Any help is appreciated, because it sucks that I can't upload my own stuff.

I use 45219.

Edit: I looked at the log, and the first line on there says

Connecting: port 3733

Also, thought I'd give a little more info. Running WinXP corp, software firewall disabled, router firewall enabled (port 45219 fowarded), UPnP disabled, and nothing else relevant I believe, except that I also use Peer Guardian2.

Have you tried enabling the advanced option 'Lazy BitField' ?

It should help getting around some ISP problems.

I state that in my first post. Yes, it's enabled.

Edit: Update. I uploaded a torrent yesterday, where it did what I posted above. Someone else with the same copy, was able to help seed the torrent, which then allowed me to start seeding. Now I can seed the torrent no problem, even if the other seeder(s) leave the torrent now. What is it that is stopping me from being the first and only seeder on a torrent?

I believe its the ISP thing. I havent been able to upload torrents for the past 6 months cuz my ISP is blocking me. I can only upload while downloading. Its like they made my connection one-way, so to speak. Cuz once I finish DLing, my up speeds dwindle down til it stops. I can only seed for like 5 min b4 It stops. What I did notice was that by having uT randomize ports, It like it takes a few days til my ISP catches on. If it is ur ISP, u might gotta play hide n seek with the ports. And Im still trying to figure out how to upload torrents again :(

Also if like u say, u gotta use lazy bit field to seed, I say 9 times outta 10 its the ISP. We just gotta figure out a way around em. Also Lazy bitField did help me with the seed for 5 mins problem. And try some lower ports. Right now im on a port in the 9000's. I've been using ports in the 8000's-9000's for the past few weeks and all is ok. As long as its not a port that uses any OS services or resources. (even tho I used to use a port in the 2000,'s. It was a port shareaza gave me using randomize.)

Yes, I'm screwed on any site (only use private trackers). I know it's my ISP that's doing this. What I'd like to know is what does Bit Torrent try to do to initiate a seed to peer connection.. being the first and only seeder? Now, what could my ISP be doing that stops it from happening? Finally, how can we void their attempt to cockblock it?

Those are my questions. I would very much like to hear from a developer or someone knowledgable about the backbone of BT.

Archived