Somethings Not Right! Help Please!

PainsMyName

I have been using UTorrent for 2 days now with no problems besides real slow downloads. I do have a Linksys Wireless-B router and was reading bad things about it and how its bad for p2p transfers. Can this be fixed to get faster downloading speed.

Also out of no where all of a sudden UTorrent will say downloading but the down speed and up speed are staying at 0 and nothing is getting downloaded or uploaded. Can someone help me fix this.

Thank You,

Shawn

Thank You for that. I went along and did that, and noticed that my download speen/upload speed is not even close to what most cable modems are. My max download/upload speed is 24. Also next to the download speed theres a red box with a ! in it. It says Not Connectable a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. I need to open up a port so others can connect to you.

What should I do here?

Also is there anything I can do to get a faster download speed? Such a programs or fixing my computer. I do have WinMX is that whats messing with UTorrent? Should I remove it?

This is making me MAD!!! LOL I tried the link and forwarded my port twice. I tested and got this ... Error! Port 59319 does not appear to be open. Also I no longer have the red box with a ! I have a yellow triangle with a ! in it now. I dont know what to do. At one time my download speed was around 120 and now the next day im back to 24-30kbs. I think the problem might be my router but i dont know.

AWESOME!!! I totally found the problem with your help! Its definitly the flippin router. Im getting 50+ kb/s sometimes in the hundreds when its connected to just the cable modem. What can I do with the router? Can I fix it so I can use the router to or should i get a new router? And if I need to get a new router which kind should I get?

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Shawn

Archived