Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

merwin

WebUI only working with different port than uTorrent port.

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to get the WebGUI to work remotely, and it's not working properly. Yes, all the files are in their correct places... Why? Because it's working fine for me locally, and also working fine for me when I set the WebGUI port to a different port from the normal uTorrent port. I know that the normal uTorrent port is working because I ran the test and it said OK.

Any clues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um you cant have two different services on the same port. they MUST be set to different ports. IE if UTORRENT is sent to port 1000, you must set webui to a separate port like 10001.

If you have other software (AIM or anything else) you must also ensure that webui port does not conflict with them. You must also forward your port to the correct webui port not the same UTORRENT port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to. You can make it use the same port, and that is in fact the default. It works just fine 'cause it's the same program listening on the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI: imbz is theoretically right but in this case wrong.

If you chose to NOT set a manual port for the webui it should work on the same port because µtorrent will incorporate it into its other listening activities. Only fill in a webui port if you want to use a different port then the default one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites