uTorrent getting very popular...

ColdArmor

I am seeing a lot of uTorrent clients on private trackers, public trackers, and even some trackers that are a lot less well known. I'll open a weel seeding torrent and see/connect to about 50+ uTorrent clients at one time.. I think the userbase is probably about 3x what we have in forum members. This client is fast becoming a leader in the BT client race.

Thats hardly surprising ,ppl have been crying out for a cross between bitcomet and Az for ages and µTorrent fits that spot brilliantly .Bitcomet was easy to use and friendly , Az had all the features but sucked your PC dry resource wise .µTorrent doesn't need all AZ's fetures but has most of Bitcomets in an easy to use interface :) :)

Bittorrent will never die, but im sure "they" will continue pursuing various sites hosting questionable .torrent files.

And as far as uT beeing used by more and more people, im sure it will rise dramatically if the devs continue to polish the product, its still a little rough around the edges. Feature wise uT is already up to par with most BT clients.

by the time uTorrent 1.1.8 is out uTorrent will be in the top 3 on the popular client list. BitTorrent along with edonkey2000, Gnutella(1/2), overnet and DC will never really get shutdown. They are only networks, networks cannot be shutdown. The only way to kill a network is to shutdown all peers connecting to it. That is impossible for any government to do. BitTorrent is special because it is a protocol which shouldn't be shutdown due to the fact that it is a very good alternative to HTTP and is widely used for freeware downloads.

I don't see many uTorrent clients but I've noticed they're increasing quite rapidly.

I think switchers will hop on to uTorrent as it incorporates whatever they thought was important to choose a client in the first place. For example, ABC users are clearly interested in a no-frills, easy to use and minimal client. I expect uTorrent to swallow their user base almost entirely. Azureus is on the clear other end with all the amenities you could ever think of and then some. As uTorrent selectively includes what's really important I expect them to switch too but not entirely. Bitcomet is somewhat in the middle and will take a bigger hit than Az.

when i use utorrent i always check what clients are connected to the network and surprinsingly i found that the utorrent user are increasing i least i count like 7 people downloading the file using utorrent but its odd to see some people using an old version of utorrent to donwload the file. Some poeple are using these versions of utorrent 1.1.4,1.1.5,1.1.6 and 1.1.7.1. and i wonder why they are still using an old verion of utorrent if exist the version 1.1.7.2 ?

But the thing its that utorrent is begining to win some ground of the battle of the torrent client.

when i use utorrent i always check what clients are connected to the network and surprinsingly i found that the utorrent user are increasing i least i count like 7 people downloading the file using utorrent but its odd to see some people using an old version of utorrent to donwload the file. Some poeple are using these versions of utorrent 1.1.4,1.1.5,1.1.6 and 1.1.7.1. and i wonder why they are still using an old verion of utorrent if exist the version 1.1.7.2 ?

But the thing its that utorrent is begining to win some ground of the battle of the torrent client.

1.1.7.2 isn't on the auto-update, that's why a lot of people are still at 1.1.7

Current poll at one of the torrent sites where I'm a member is Favorite BitTorrent Client. Currently out of 210 votes, the top five are, as follows:

1. Azureus (38%)

2. BitComet (29%)

3. µTorrent (13%)

4. BitTornado (9%)

5. ABC (4%)

w0w. now, pray tell, what site was that?? :D PM me if you dont want to post it publicly ;)

I don't see many uTorrent clients but I've noticed they're increasing quite rapidly.

I think switchers will hop on to uTorrent as it incorporates whatever they thought was important to choose a client in the first place. For example, ABC users are clearly interested in a no-frills, easy to use and minimal client. I expect uTorrent to swallow their user base almost entirely. Azureus is on the clear other end with all the amenities you could ever think of and then some. As uTorrent selectively includes what's really important I expect them to switch too but not entirely. Bitcomet is somewhat in the middle and will take a bigger hit than Az.

The thing abuot ABC is that it's a multi platform client unlike uTorrent (at it's current stage), so the entire user base will definitely not switch because a lot of that user base are Linux users. Azureus, ABC and Rufus are the only good clients I know of that run on Linux, azureus is hoggy and Rufus seems hard to install (at least for a n00b like me).

This isn't a great sreenshot since I forgot to show the General tab information, but it's from 1.1.8rc1 with FOOOD's icons so it shows most of 1.1.8's new capabilities ;)

587358927.jpg

I don't know why the title says MTorrent though (At least for me), might be an encoding bug.

Archived