µTorrent 1.6.1 released

Firon

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having connection issues while using µTorrent should check the first link in my signature for more ideas.

Admins: If you want to stop the controversy simply challenge people to try to prove you wrong. Example: "We'll pay $10K to anyone who can prove that the new uTorrent now has mechanism to help the MPAA/RIAA find, track, block etc. any uTorrent users."

We have, time and time again -- we've told people to go get Wireshark or some other packet sniffer and prove us wrong.

Nothing's come up yet.

I don't see why money needs to be the bait -- is wanting to know that the application that they SO want to use is safe not good enough? If people are willing to spread FUD, then THEY should be putting their "safety" where their mouth is by testing/analyzing the application and proving us wrong. If solid evidence is found, I'll eat all of my words up. Until then, I'm not going to back off from my position.

Thank you for continued development of this product. I will continue to believe in the uTorrent crew until someone proves me wrong with more evidence than hearsay and conjecture. There is not enough thanks in this thread, so I thought I'd contribute to tipping the scales - best 150k program I've ever seen in my life, thanks again.

I upgraded to the new version last night, and I am well pleased. It's nice to be able to set the upload and download speeds per torrent instead of the torrents fighting over which gets how much, and in which direction :D I have a small pipe and it's going to help a lot. I also notice it isn't crashing my system when it runs for a long period. With 1600 I had to shut down and reboot every 8 or so hours with heavy use. Good job!! Kudos to the coder.

lets try to keep this particular thread technical! im sure there must be another there must be a thread out there for this great debate but just not here!

build 490 when i try open a torrent file i get this

unable to load (torrent name).torrent invalid torrent file

anyone else getting this problem from build 490? hello out there?

"when utorrent is open but there are no active connection, everything is fine. but as soon as i start any torrent (even if i use only 10kbs of my b/w - i have 1mbit), my web browsing gets so slow, that the sites time out. what could be the problem?"

i still have this problem. please help! btw, i also tried with other bittorrent clients and they work with no problem. but with utorrent .... :-( :-( :-(

About privacy information collected:

This information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. ... We also keep a record of your content downloads from BitTorrent.com and related transaction data, including payment information (if any).

... Notwithstanding any other term of this Privacy Policy, we may release any personal information we obtain or collect when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. ... Finally, we may disclose your personally identifiable information upon a transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our assets or equity securities or upon any other corporate reorganization.

This is from the official privacy statement: http://utorrent.com/privacy.php

jsand,

i set that value to 4 and it's working like before this problem!

you should try it, i'm sure it'll work for you also.

btw, "net.max_halfopen - is how many connection attempts µTorrent will make at any one time. This value must NEVER be higher than 8 for unpatched Windows XP SP2 systems!"

What is it about crowds of people and intelligence levels dropping apparenetly to the intelligence of the stupidest person there, divided by the number of people? Ever since uTorrent was acquired by BitTorent, we have a bunch of Chicken Littles running around screaming that the sky is falling. Am I one of the few left who retains the capability of independent thought? BitTorrent agreed that they would not HOST ANY LINKS TO COPYRIGHTED CONTENT OR ANY TORRENTS FOR DOWNLOADING COPYRIGHTED CONTENT. Get a frelling clue, people. Youtube yanks copyrighted video down from its site all the time. This is not selling out any more than what BitTorrent has agreed to do on BitTorrent.com is selling out. It's called covering your ass. You morons running around screaming that the end of the uTorrent world is here disgust me.

I just wanted to say thank you very much for your outstanding dedication to uTorrent. keep up the great work and let it be known that there are many of us [ mostly silent ] that admire the work that is being done on uTorrent, we are the silent type and just b/c you don't see us, don't forget we are here and very pleased w/ uTorrent.

Thank you.

PS - Wow, isn't it amazing how all of those previous threads reminds anyone from the early days about the old Bulletin Board Systems (BBS) War Boards? hehehehehe just funny. Ultima [ et al ] don't waste your time w/ those idiots and their remarks, all they are trying to do is keep a "war" thread going and by saying anything negative and replying back to it, just keeps the fires going... just like going onto a religious site and saying "I'm for abortion" and then just sit back and WATCH the results... ahhh how history keeps repeating itself.

Thank you again for uTorrent!

One satisfied and happy camper!

Archived