Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.6.1 released

Ultima, Firon

Do you have ony information on their plans for future development?

Can we hope to see NAT Traversal in uTorrent for example?

UPD: There must exist many open source implementation examples to look at,

or even LGPL code that can be included into uT...

GPL/LGPL code can't be included in closed source applications. About NAT traversal... No clue. As far as I can see, the targets for 1.7 aren't entirely set in stone yet, so I'm not sure about the exact plans myself -- Firon probably has a better idea than I do.

I dont understand... What the big problem is if uTorrent is making money let them more power to them... Just get my Downloads back to 800 kbps instead of this filtered packet crap that im getting now 30kbps useing rogers.

Personally if i could make a buck id do it.But at the same time just make sure you dont screw the fans cause they always remember....

Lets have a beer and get this shit workin.... This torrent downloading is gay now took me 7 days to download a movie.. its gos from 30 kbps to 16 to 5 to 0 ... its sooo annoying..

When will uTorrent be supporting Vista ? just curious because im been thinking of upgrading because they have been doing some serious updates for that ... So i want more support so i can use utorrent WINK

lol, no can do people, RL has taken over after my 6 months of being a lazy bum after uni finished. I dont even have time to keep up with my TV shows let alone be on IRC!! I now have 2 JOBS!!!! lol, anyway, one of those jobs is ending soon, so will look in on u guys eventually.

Anyway, thanks for the release, nice to see it finally went stable.

Well, as upsetting as it may be that uT has been bought by BT Inc, I have blindly updated to 1.6.1 because I'm a whore.

... and I live in Canada where ISP's refuse to give out user data. ;)

Bah... some of you people worry to much. Can't blame you since you live in the US, lol.

You are so afraid of the latest build... You do realize that they could have signed a deal with bittorrent before 1.60 was released and only tell now.

I'm upgrading to 1.61 right now without any fear :).

Still router.utorrent.com. This is not likely to change (though there might be an option to let you change it later).