uTorrent-1.6.1 shows as virus in fsecure and cannot execute!

odysseas999

I know they are paranoid, but what should I and maybe 1 milion others do?

I mean we have bought fsecure, should we throw it away and buy anothe antivirus just beacuse

utorrent shows as virus?

Don't get me wrong but I have been using fsecure for more than 6 years with no problems at all!

Maybe someone from the utorrent team should inform fsecure or take steps to avoid the PECompact false alarm.

Hi, I had the same problem after installing the newest version of μtorrent. It's not difficult to fix the problem though; just go into Properties on F-Secure, then Real-time Protection, check the Exclude objects option, and select the utorrent.exe and add it to the list of files to exclude the scanning of.

Ofcourse I am too lazy to inform all the net about YOUR bug!!!!!!

You clearly state at the forum's rules that you only support the latest versions!

So I posted a bug for the latest version of utorrent only to find out that YOU PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR NO VERSION WHATSOEVER!

I wonder what is this forum for? Maybe a place to just hang out for all you LAZY asses...

You see I would be more than happy to fix your code myself as I am a developer for almost 15 years now BUT

YOU HAVE NOT GPL YOUR CODE.....

That's why I am switching back to Azureus, at least I have source code access there...

So long, hope you NON OPENSOURCE/LAZY DEVELOPERS/BAD ATTITUDE/NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER cease to exist soon....

kisses goodnight

You see I would be more than happy to fix your code myself as I am a developer for almost 15 years now ...

Sorry. I refuse to believe that you are a software developer if you can't understand the very basics of bug testing/reporting, or what PECompact is (a simple Googling would set you straight immediately, and you'd sure as hell figure out that it isn't something that's a problem with the µTorrent "code"). Even if you were telling the truth, your attempts to boost your credibility with the typical "I'm a developer" are only detrimental to your cause, as it only makes you look like a terrible developer.

Archived