Drag and drop priority

eviljolly

I figured someone has suggested this already, but I didn't find a thread on it. I'd like to be able to drag and drop the torrents to change their download priority instead of using the up/down on the toolbar. That's the only reason I even use the toolbar actually. Right click->move up/down takes too long.

• 1 month later...

Those having a keyboard with the additional WinBloz keys (and that's gotta be 98+% of us nowadays) can tap the menu key (the extra key next to the right CTRL key) and then tap the U or D key as needed. Granted - this having to alternately tap the two keys isn't quite as convenient as just holding down CTRL and pressing the arrow key, but it does the job for now.

Regardless of the above, I, too, would love to be able to select several torrents simultaneously and drag-and-drop them to the priority I'd like (if the list isn't sorted by priority then do something like simply pop up a box saying "no can do" unless it is and offer to do so). When there's a large list of torrents (as happens when one seeds responsibly), the repetitious single-increment moves up and down quickly get very annoying and time-consuming. If nothing else, at least allow CTRL/ALT/RIGHT/<whatever>-clicks on up/down to move a screenful at a time or something...

Had another thought that might be more immediately appealing to the developers to address:

In lieu of the drag-n-drop feature for now, can we at least directly edit the priority number of a torrent and have the priority list re-adjust to accomodate? Seems to me this should be easy enough to implement quickly without having to do the full D-n-D logic for now and would (hopefully) satisfy users managing large numbers of torrents.

Just a thought...

Archived