continuing Download from other torrent app. to utorrent

aiffen

i've been using this ares and it has some sort of torrent app in it,BitTorrent it is. right now i am downloading a torrent and it is too slow! sometimes there is nothing to download from (.50-10 kb/s) im already at half in 1 week. when i tried it on utorrent the download is very fast and stable.

here is my problem since i find utorrent much better how can i continue what i am downloading from Ares to utorrent? is it possible?

If you set utorrent to use the same temporary file as ares is using while the download is ongoing then add the torrent to utorrent the download should pick up where ares left off. I did this when I switched from azureus to utoreent and it worked fine for me. I had azureus saving incomplete downloads to a file i created (called it aztemp) so i just set utorrent to use the same file for its incomplete downloads. Hope that helps.

Hi i can try. Open ares and check through the options to see where the incomplete downloads are being kept (probably in ares in program files but cant be sure as i dont use ares) and make a note of it. Then open utorrent go to options then preferences and then downloads and u have an option to chose where new downloads are stored (they will be kept here until your download is complete) u need to change this to use the same file as ares to continue the download from where ares left off. You should change this when you have no other downloads running in utorrent and change it back after your download has finished. There may be asnother way of doing this with less messing about but if there is im afraid i dont know it

i hope this works. or if not i hope we could do cooperate to work on this.

in ares incomplete files are stored with file name starting in __INCOMPLETE_(filename) while in utorrent filenames are as it is. for example in ares it is named __INCOMPLETE__MP2_Play while in utorrent it is MP2_Play. will this be recognized by utorrent even if i changed its folder to where ares store its files? and you said that i must have no downloads when i change the folder so when do i start to continue the file after chnging the folder?

The reason i said to have no other downloads running in utorrent is because if you change the temporary folder utorrent is using it may cause some problems (like the downloads you have going on stopping) but then again it may be fine, its just something i personally would do. As far as having different filenames for incomplete files in ares and utorrent there are two things i would try.

1st I would just try what i explained above but im not sure it would work

2nd I would make a copy of the file you have in ares so you have a back-up then rename the original file to what you think it would be named by utorrent and set utorrent away. It should recognise the file and continue the download

i have done the 2nd thing u said change the file name and still it starts from 0. hmm... does utorrent configures the file differently from other apps? so maybe thats why i doesnt recognize it? or all other files are the same even with different programs?

Archived